Caring for our Seniors isn’t just business – It’s personal
Guardian Pharmacy of Wisconsin has been dedicated to supporting our assisted living communities for more than 20 years. We provide a range of services and understand the unique needs of your communities.
Resident Focused Support
Guardian is a full‐service, institutional and long-term care pharmacy – not a retail pharmacy. Our partnerships allow us to improve resident care by providing pharmaceutical services that enable caregivers to spend less time on administrative duties and more time on the comfort, safety and quality of life for your loved ones. We know for them, and for you, that is the bottom line.
What can you Expect?
Medications delivered on time, in the right dosage, to the right person, 24/7/365:
- Delivery – We provide regular, scheduled deliveries and emergency deliveries in case of urgent needs.
- Availability – Our well‐documented filling processes ensure consistent inventory availability, eliminating the middle-of-the-night trip to the pharmacy for a family member.
- Compliance Packaging – All medications are packaged with administrative documentation to assure accuracy and resident safety. Caregivers can easily administer these medications with less risk for errors.
- Technology – We use state-of-the-art technology to help eliminate medication errors and streamline communication between the pharmacy and the community.
The average resident takes up to 10 prescription medications a day, often prescribed by several different physicians. Guardian minimizes the risk of adverse reactions and ensures that only necessary medications are taken. Resident medication regimens are reviewed frequently to monitor for:
- Compatibility of the drugs
- The appropriateness of medications chosen
- Formulary compliance
This single view of every resident’s drug regimen adds an extra measure of safety and reduces cost by identifying redundancy.
Additional services include:
- 24/7 access to one of our local pharmacists
- Specialized medication packaging
- Bar Coding technology
- Pharmacist/nurse consulting services
- Up-to-date medication administration records (MAR) and option for electronic medication administration records (eMAR)
- STAT deliveries
- Medication return processing
- Medication cart programs
- Itemized invoices and local dedicated billing team
- Valuable cost reports, breaking out costs by patient and by drug, as well returns recaps, listing of residents who are “donut hole” pending etc.